Two Medicine Valley
Guided Day Hike
Glacier National Park
Join us as we explore the unique natural wonders of the Two Medicine Valley. Sinopah Mountain, meaning “kit fox” in Blackfeet, looms above the South Shore trailhead of Two Medicine Lake, a sedimentary monument of awe. Hikers will encounter montane forest of lodgepole pine and Douglas fir throughout the meadows and marshy areas of this beautiful valley. Hiking through these stunning aspen parklands involves glacially carved lakes and towering mountains, waterfalls, and bubbling creeks. Red rock lights up the mountainsides, leaving every visitor with a deep appreciation for this beautiful valley and the stories behind it...
Fall day hikes through Two Medicine Valley involve a maximum distance of 8 miles and maximum of 1,000 ft of elevation changes. Most Two Medicine trails follow along Two Medicine lake with gradual elevation changes. Trails to the various falls may involve higher elevation changes but always at a gradual pace. Any of the trails can be done at the preferred pace of the hiker while observing fantastic scenery along the way.
What to Expect Hiking Two Medicine Valley
The Two Medicine Valley guided day hike is quite strenuous with 1800 feet of elevation gain. Hikes should be physically fit and comfortable walking or standing for extended periods and navigating uneven or slippery terrain. This hike is not suitable for small children.
What to Bring
The weather is Glacier National Park can vary widely from hour to hour. With this in mind, be sure and pack for all weather conditions and dress in layers. Below is a partial list of key items we recommend you bring. Download a full checklist here.
- Sturdy Hiking Shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Fleece or Underlayer
- First Aid Kit
- Pack Lunch & Snacks
- 32+ Ounces of Water
- Pack Towel for Swimming
- This hike departs from 210 Nucleus Ave, Columbia Falls.
- The hike departs at 8:30 am and returns at 4:30 pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Luxury transportation to and from the trail is provided.
- Your hiking guide is a certified Glacier Park naturalist who promises to make your trip safe, educational, and fun.
- There is a maximum number of 15 hikers per trip.
- This program has a minimum guest count of 3 people. In the unlikely case we don't reach that number, you will be notified prior to the event.